Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Plane Trip to Hawaii

I dislike Plane Trips.
My entire family likes them but not me. They are long and boring. I used to be neutral about them, until last year, where I got horribly sick on a plane to Hawaii. Since then, all plane rides remind me of that horrible day. Sadly, the quickest way to get to the best place in the world (Hawaii) is by plane.
Usually, we go from Newport News to Atlanta to Honolulu to Kona, but to save money we went from Newport News to Dallas to LA to Kona. We were flying as Unaccompanied Minors.
The Newport News to Dallas flight wasn't that bad. We were seated in the front seats of Coach, right next to another UM (Unaccompanied Minor). He had a DSI, and so did we, so he and Mark played Mario Kart while I rested for a while.
The layover in Dallas was horrifying. We were put in a UM Lounge for about 3 hours. The Dallas UM Lounge was just a couple of chairs and a TV. It was incredibly boring.
The Dallas to LA flight was fine. I was a little crabby at the beginning, but then I cooled down. Most of the time I just read the Sky Mall Magazine.
There was a layover in LA, but the UM Lounge was so much better. It actually had stuff to do, which was great.
The flight from LA to Kona was great. Before the plane took off, I was feeling kinda sick, but my stomach settled down. We were seated next to a nice guy who used to live in Kona. We talked most of the flight. They were showing Thor, but it was not as good as I hoped it would be.
Finally we arrived in Kona, without me getting sick. I was tired and a mess, but I was glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment