Friday, August 26, 2011

Camping Trip (2nd version)

Sorry about my other camping trip post. I was tired, and didn't check anything.
Sorry it took so long to blog. Ok, here goes.
The first day of camping was a Sunday, so we headed to some church, where Gramps was to preach. It was really good. Then we sang these old Hymms. Because of that, I had "To God Be The Glory" stuck in my head ever since. After church, we went and ate at a fancy Italian resturant. It was delicous! Then we headed to the cabins. It was really misty and cold when we arrived. Our cabin was pretty big. The second we got in, Tutu and Gramps fell asleep. Bored, Mark and I went for a walk. Since my cut was healed, I could walk in my brand new shoes. They were amazing! After the walk, we played War and Blackjack. Then, once Tutu and Gramps woke up, we went on a real hike. For a while, I thought I was lost for sure. but we found our way back. After dinner, we headed up to the observitory. It was amazing. It was cold. It was AWESOME! Afterwards, we went back to our cabin (with me literally SHIVERING) and had some hot chocolate while playing Uno.
The second day, we headed down Mauna Kea, through Hilo, and up Kilauea, to Volcano National park! All day we explored, seeing the Sulfur Banks, the glow of the Volcano, and countless Craters. One of them was so huge, a hundred football feilds could fit in it! I was impressed. We even visited the Jaggar Mueseum. It was captivating, with all its paintings. Sadly, the best volcano lookout was closed. It was a shame. After all the exploring, we went back to the campsite.We had hot chocolate and Smores.
On Tuesday, we headed up to some forest. We had the entire campsite to ourselves. While we were down by the cabins, we saw a cute little kitten. We tried to feed it, but it didn't eat much. Not much happened the rest of the day, although, at night, I perfected my marshmellow cooking!
We headed home the next day. I loved camping, but it sure felt amazing to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment