Friday, November 9, 2012

11/9/12

Today was not a very good day. I mean school went fine, I was just sort of tired and ready for the three day weekend, but it all went bad on the afternoon bus...
  You see, earlier that day, I was in P.E. with my best friend, Darcy. She wanted to talk about a guy that she thinks likes her. It was one of those silly conversations, where you would dissect every single thing the boy did, and analyze it thoroughly, just to come up with the answer, "I don't know". Well, I sort of stopped liking those conversations, so I said, "I don't really want to talk about boys," and changed the subject. Everything seemed fine, but on the afternoon bus, she sat by me and  said some really mean things. First, she said that since I didn't like talking about boys and wearing makeup and stuff like that, I wasn't actually a girl. Then she literally referred to me as an "it", like I'm some disgusting creature. It gets worse. She then proceeded to say that I was immature and not good enough for society's standards of a teenage girl. I started crying, and she went to sit with her other friend, and just laughed and played around with them. Her words really stung. I mean, why would my supposed best friend say such cruel things?
  I am thankful, however, for having such a wonderful family. When I got home, mom comforted me and Mark brought my spirits up by, well, being crazy! I feel much better now, but I still have no clue why she would hurt me like that. It was completely pointless and completely rude. And it really made me feel horrible.
  I hope I can get some answers Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment